Just trying to get my head around what I have coming out soon, what is possibly coming out soon, and what I’m working on. Gather round, children, and enjoy five minutes of banality courtesy of my pure lack of organizational skills ….
Two of my stories are coming out in upcoming Cleis anthologies. First up is Piano Man from The Big Book of Orgasm: 69 Sexy Stories. I may have mentioned in the past that this story began as a historical tale, but morphed into a sly, sexy story about a lounge singer. The second is Just A Little Tenderness from Shhh! Don’t Tell Anyone… Erotic Fantasies about Sexy Occupations — this being my naughty little homage to the water delivery man who has been making my day job more bearable for many years.
In the “probably pile” are three more stories, all of which have taken me out of my comfort zone. I had a total Sally Field moment when these got the green light from their respective editors — you really like me! Details coming as soon as I get contracts.
The Dirty Little Novella — this is what it shall be known as for the next little while. I always hate to post details about something longer than a short story until I get my first round of edits, so I must keep you in the dark a little longer. No release date as of yet, but if I had to guess I’d say we’re talking towards the end of the year. It’s my first stand-alone release under the name “A.M. Hartnett” and falls more into the erotica category than erotic romance — hence publishing as A.M. rather than Annemarie and not with Loose Id or Total-E-Bound. This publisher has an amazing roster of authors, so I’m tickled to be included.
In the “who the hell knows?” pile is another handful of stories, and the winter WIP. I try to pretend these things don’t exist — no sense in sweating over it when all you can do is wait.
Now for my to-do list — it’s shrinking! I can’t remember the last time that happened! None of these are contracted, so I’m basically the internet equivalent of a street vendor — “You like? You buy? Give me money now.”
- A short story I was invited to write for an anthology. Also, proof that the world revolves around me I had an idea for a short a little while ago and put it aside because I didn’t know what to do with it once I wrote it. Problem solved, tyvm.
- Follow up to The Dirty Little Novella. An unrelated tale that I’ve been having a ball writing. One scene left to write and this sucker is done.
- A romance with erotic elements — this will probably be self-published, since it falls into a confusing genre and all the publishers out there seem to be looking for different things. Essentially finished, but I wussed out and skipped a scene that will probably make me cry, so also one scene to write before I type The End.
- The Big Fucking Book, otherwise known as the novel version of The View from the Thirteenth Floor. Writing this is maddening. The hero is maddening, and I’m madly in love with him. I’m halfway through this.
- Novel-length version of one of the short stories in the “probably” pile. The two main characters don’t even speak the same language. SERIOUSLY. WHAT HAVE I DONE? Expect a lot of crying.
- A Brand New Thing! As in, I haven’t gotten a word written but I keep playing it out in my head.
- Super Secret Collaboration, in which another author learns firsthand that I am, in fact, socially awkward and incapable of interacting with other human beings. The end result is going to rock.
There’s more on this list, but these are the only things I’m willing to acknowledge at the moment.
In the mean time, there are lots of good things out there for you to read:
- Justine Elyot’s On Demand – I finished this up a little while ago and have a review ready to go today. Justine is one of those authors I could kidnap and keep chained to a desk so she’d never stop writing.
- Alison Tyler’s Banging Rebecca – Not only is it a fucking hot story, but it’s Alison’s personal mission to make this a best seller. You know you want it.
- You also want Alison’s Those Girls. I needed a cigarette after I read this. Five star reading right here, folks.
- Currently reading Kristina Lloyd’s Thrill Seeker, now available in the US. Be warned, it’s addictive.
- And for the love of Christ, why are Giselle Renarde’s books continually banned when the Duck Dynasty has books on the best sellers list?